Assistant, WeBop Program
WeBop is an early-childhood jazz education program which invites families to stomp, strut and swing to the joyous rhythms of jazz as they learn about the core concepts, instruments, and great performers of jazz with their parents or caregivers. The WeBop Assistant will serve as the liaison between the administrative staff and faculty of Jazz at Lincoln Center and the staff at Frederick P. Rose Hall. He or she will be the first point of contact for families and students when they arrive for classes.
- Ensure all classrooms are set up prior to class and broken down afterwards.
- Greet and check in students and families upon arrival.
- Assist teacher/accompanist as necessary.
- Maintain attendance lists and schedule and track class rescheduling as necessary.
- Inform Education Associate daily of any issues or problems that may arise.
- Notify teachers of any special guests/observers in class.
- Clean instruments daily.
- Maintain cleanliness, order and inventory of WeBop classroom materials.
- Act as class “gatekeeper” maintaining manageable numbers of guests in each class.
- Support Education Associate with registrations as needed.
- Serve as backup for the Education Associate during busy periods by answering Education Customer Service phone line and WeBop email.
- Assist in set up of curriculum meetings once per term.
- Ensure faculty and guest musicians complete and sign timesheets, invoices and contracts before leaving class.
- Email teachers with guest musicians’ info two weeks prior to band week.
- Email reminders to guest musicians with their schedule.
- Schedule musician substitutes as necessary.
- Direct any additional issues to Education staff.
WeBop Family Communication:
- Notify families of schedule changes during the term.
- Remind families of important calendar dates.
- Provide registration information and assistance.
- Assist with distributing and collecting responses of parent surveys.
- Complete other relevant duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of two uninterrupted years of administrative experience in a performing arts and/or education environment strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills along with ability to multi-task and work graciously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to work with young children and their caregivers.
- High level of motivation, along with an ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro, experience with the Internet, and ability to learn new software as needed.
- Ability to function as a team player and work collaboratively.
- Experience with early childhood education preferred.
- Willingness and availability to work weekends.
- Knowledge of or keen interest in and appreciation of Jazz helpful.
Up to 20 hours per week, with some weekend hours as required. Position will begin in early September of 2014.
$13.00 per hour
Director, Education Operations
Assistant, WeBop Program