Internships - Summer/Fall 2014
Internships - Summer 2014
Jazz at Lincoln Center (JALC) is the world's largest not-for-profit arts organization committed to promoting the appreciation and understanding of jazz through performance, education, and preservation. JALC is under the Artistic Direction of Wynton Marsalis. Jazz at Lincoln Center's home-Frederick P. Rose Hall-at New York's Columbus Circle, is the first education, performance, and broadcast facility devoted to jazz, and opened in fall 2004. Internships offer a chance to grow with one of New York's fastest growing arts organizations.
Internship opportunities are available for 12 week sessions during the fall, spring and summer semesters in the following departments:
- Archives & Cultural Affairs
- Audience Development
- Concerts & Touring
- Front of House (Venue)
- Music Administration
- Public Relations
- Provides undergraduate and graduate students with first-hand professional experience in a non-profit, performing arts organization.
- Interns are partnered with a designated supervisor to ensure a quality learning experience.
General Requirements for all Interns:
- Currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university.
- Internships must satisfy school requirements for earning credit.
- Students must provide relevant school documentation.
- Internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week; specific schedules will vary by department.
- Keen interest in arts management, especially as it relates to jazz music.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
If you believe your background and experience qualify you for consideration based on the criteria we've outlined, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your semester and department of interest in the SUBJECT line of your email, e.g. "Summer 2014 Audience Development Internship".
To be considered for a summer 2014 internship, please submit a cover letter and resume by May 1, 2014.
To be considered for a fall 2014 internship, please submit a cover letter and resume by July 1, 2014.
Archives & Cultural Affairs
Brand & Audience Development
Concerts & Touring
Front of House (Venue)
Include: Resume and Cover Letter
Please indicate your department of interest in the SUBJECT line of your email, e.g. "Audience Development Internship".