The Usher is responsible for maintaining seating and the safety of patrons in all performance venues in Frederick P. Rose Hall, including, but not limited to: Rose Theater (up to 1233 seats); The Allen Room (adjustable seating risers from 300-493) and other venues as directed.
- Politely directing and escorting patrons to their seats.
- Providing patrons with programs and other relevant materials.
- Checking assigned section for cleanliness and proper box seat arrangement.
- Visually sweep the theaters to check for potential safety issues and lost and found items.
- Be aware of and enforce appropriate house rules.
- Remain at assigned post throughout the event unless taking an assigned break.
- Must be aware of, and follow, the proper procedures for assisting patrons with disabilities.
- Attend pre-event Usher meetings and other trainings as required by management.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of all venues within Frederick P. Rose Hall and a good understanding of evacuation procedures from all points within each venue.
- Other duties as directed.
- Superior customer service and people management skills.
- Friendly and helpful personality.
- Strong management, organizational, and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple requests and tasks in an extremely hectic environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- High level of motivation, persistence and patience in working with varying groups of people.
- Fireguard F-94, First Aid, CPR, AED certification is a plus.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of times, walk up three flights of stairs, able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to read small print.
- Must be able to open theater doors repeatedly throughout shift.
Frederick P. Rose Hall
House Manager, Assistant House Manager and Performance Manager, Frederick P. Rose Hall
Subject Line: Usher
Include: Resume and Cover Letter