Welcome to www.jalc.org, the official website of Jazz at Lincoln Center, Inc. (our “Site”)! We may refer to ourselves, on this page, as: “Jazz at Lincoln Center,” “we,” “our,” or “us.”
By using our Site, you are agreeing to allow us to collect, use, store and transfer your information, including any Personally Identifiable Information (as described in Section 1, below) (collectively, “Information”) that you provide us. Please note that this means, regardless of where you live, you will be giving us permission to transfer your Information to, and to store and process your Information within, the United States of America or other countries where Jazz at Lincoln Center or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities or business operations.
1. Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains, including, but not limited to the following: name; address; phone number; fax number; e-mail address; financial profiles; Social Security Number; and credit card information. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously (i.e., without identification of the individual Visitor), or demographic information not connected to an identified Visitor.
2. What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected?
We may collect basic user profile information from all of our Visitors. We collect the following additional information from our Authorized Customers: names; addresses; phone numbers; and e-mail addresses, as well as, the nature and quantity/extent of the business or services the Authorized Customer intends to purchase or sell.
3. What Organizations are Collecting the Information?
In addition to our direct collection of Information, our third party service vendors (such as, credit card companies, clearinghouses and banks) who may provide such services as credit, insurance, and escrow services, may collect this Information from our Visitors and Authorized Customers. We do not control how these third parties use such Information, but we do ask them to disclose how they use personal Information provided to them from Visitors and Authorized Customers. Some of these third parties may be intermediaries that act solely as links in the distribution chain, and do not store, retain, or use the Information given to them.
4. How does Jazz at Lincoln Center use Personally Identifiable Information?
We use Personally Identifiable Information for the following purposes:
- To make appropriate Service offerings
- To fulfil purchase and sale requests on our Site
We may also e-mail Visitors and Authorized Customers about: 1) information related to the subject matter of our Site, or 2) research or purchase and sale opportunities on our Site. Further, we may use Personally Identifiable Information to contact Visitors and Authorized Customers in response to specific inquiries, or to provide requested information.
5. With whom do we share your Information?
- We may share your Information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, in the following situations:
When we hire Vendors to perform Services on our behalf, such as helping us run our Site; fulfill contests or sweepstakes; administer surveys; process online transactions; execute and optimize marketing/advertising campaigns; and manage and enhance Visitor and Authorized Customer data.
- When we partner with reputable, Independent Companies to offer you Jointly-Sponsored Promotions on Jazz at Lincoln Center products and services. For example, we may team up with a co-sponsor to offer you special discounts when you purchase products or services on our Site, and, as part of such promotion, provide our co-sponsor with limited Information about Authorized Customers who used the discount (e-mail addresses, products/services purchased, etc.).
- If we are required to share your Information because such action is Reasonably Necessary to comply with Legal-Related processes, including, but not limited to: complying with court orders, subpoenas, or requests from law enforcement agencies; enforcing contract terms; responding to and resolving any claims (including valid Authorized Customer complaints); or otherwise protecting the safety or rights (including Intellectual Property rights) of Jazz at Lincoln Center, Inc., our business customers, Visitors and Authorized Customers, or the general public.
Please Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center, Inc. has entered into, and will continue to enter into agreements with a number of vendors. These companies may have access to certain Personally Identifiable Information on a need-to-know basis for evaluating Authorized Customers for Service eligibility. We take reasonable measures to ensure that all of these vendors agree to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of any Personally Identifiable Information we share with them (if at all); however, this Policy does not cover their collection or use of said information.
6. How is Personally Identifiable Information Stored?
Personally Identifiable Information collected by Jazz at Lincoln Center is securely stored, and is not accessible to third parties or employees of Jazz at Lincoln Center except for use as indicated above.
7. What Choices are Available to Visitors Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Information?
Visitors and Authorized Customers may opt out of receiving unsolicited information, or from being contacted, by us and/or our vendors, partner companies, and affiliated agencies by responding to e-mails as instructed, or by contacting us at: (212) 258-9800.
8. Are Cookies used on our Site?
JALC does not allow unrelated third parties to set cookies via JALC’s website.
JALC uses web beacons to monitor the activity of our email messages. Web beacons are electronic images that allow JALC’s email service provider to obtain information when an email is opened. When an e-mail is opened, the web beacon is able to obtain the computer’s IP address and the links that each user clicked within the e-mail. The information that JALC collects from web beacon technology is anonymous. The information is not personally identifiable because it does not specifically identify the individual user.
JALC employs various third parties to perform certain functions. These functions include sending postal mail and email, removing information from customer lists and processing credit card payments. The parties that JALC employs have access to personal information, only to the extent that it is necessary to perform their functions properly. Third parties employed by JALC are contractually obligated not to use the personal information for any other purpose.
9. How does Jazz at Lincoln Center use Login Information?
We use login information, including but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and browser types, to analyze trends, administer our Site, track Visitors’ movement and use, and gather broad demographic information.
10. How does Jazz at Lincoln Center keep Personally Identifiable Information Secure?
Our employees are familiar with this Policy and our security practices. The Personally Identifiable Information of our Visitors and Authorized Customers is only accessible to a limited number of authorized operators with access to said information.
We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. Sensitive information (such as, credit card numbers and Social Security Numbers) is secured by encryption protocols, put in place to protect Information sent over the Internet. While we take reasonable measures to maintain a secure Site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and breaches, and we cannot, and do not, guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place. By using our Site, Visitors and Authorized Customers are subject to this Policy and impliedly and expressly agree that Jazz at Lincoln Center, Inc. and its subsidiaries and agents, shall not be held liable for any such occurrences arising from the criminal acts and/or tortious fault or negligent conduct of others (including, but not limited to, acts taken by employees or authorized agents of Jazz at Lincoln Center that are outside the scope of employment or duty).
11. How do we handle Children’s Personally Identifiable Information?
Our Site is directed to a general audience comprised primarily of adult users. Therefore, we do not typically collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If Jazz at Lincoln Center creates online activities intended for children under the age of 13, the child will be able to access the activity without providing Personally Identifiable Information. For example, children may be allowed to access child-friendly activities online (subject to offering) by entering a username, or other non-personal login information.
If we intend to collect personal information from a child, we will take extra steps to protect the child’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about the types of information that we collect from children, how the children’s information is used, and whether the children’s information is disclosed to third-parties.
- Obtaining parental consent for the collection, use and disclosure of children’s information. We reasonably verify parental consent by requesting personally identifiable information from parents on portions of our Site or web-connected software applications intended only for adults. JALC may also verify parental consent by requiring children under the age of 13 to provide a parent or guardian’s direct e-mail address.
- Giving parents the opportunity to access, review, edit, or delete the information that we have collected from their children. We also allow parents the opportunity to refuse further collection of information from their children. Moreover, any children’s information is generally stored as part of the corresponding adult’s account with Jazz at Lincoln Center, and can only be accessed by the adult account holder.
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity.
12. How may we be Contacted?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, our contact information is as follows:
Jazz at Lincoln Center, Inc.
Attention: General Counsel
3 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 258-9800
13. How can Visitors and Authorized Customers Correct any Inaccuracies in or Update Personally Identifiable Information?
Visitors and Authorized Customers may contact us to correct any inaccuracies in or update Personally Identifiable Information by notifying us at:
Jazz at Lincoln Center, Inc.
3 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10023-7999
14. Can a Visitor or Authorized Customer Delete or Deactivate Personally Identifiable Information Collected by Jazz at Lincoln Center?
We provide Visitors and Authorized Customers with a mechanism for deleting/deactivating Personally Identifiable Information from our Site’s database by contacting our Webmaster at \n
Nonetheless, due to backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to delete a Visitor’s entry without retaining some residual information. An individual who requests to have Personally Identifiable Information deactivated shall have said information functionally deleted. We will not sell, transfer or use Personally Identifiable Information relating to that individual in any way from the point of deletion forward.
We will inform our Visitors and Authorized Customers of changes to this Policy by posting such changes on our Site. However, if we are changing this Policy in a manner that might cause disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information that a Visitor or Authorized Customers has previously requested not be disclosed, we will contact said Visitor or Authorized Customer to allow such Visitor or Authorized Customer to prevent such disclosure.
16. External Links